Our commitment to data protection and the GDPR – This Policy explains how we lawfully, fairly and transparently use any personal information we collect about you when you use register with us and/or use the SarStuff website. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and we will only use your data in accordance with data protection legislation and for legitimate business use.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Will we share information about you with anyone?
- Third Parties
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information does RDPS collect about you?
SarStuff respects your privacy so we want to be clear about what information we collect about you. We may collect personal information about you in the course of our work when you register with us or contact us to use our services. That may include things like:
- Your Name
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Your SAR team / organisation
- Your team role
- Other information you provide when requesting information.
We will have received this information directly from you.
How will we use the information about you?
We mainly collect information about you to provide you with information of our services that you have requested. We may also use it for any other purpose for which you give your consent. For example, we may send you additional information about the firm, its products or services.
We may also use your information for other purposes connected with our work. For example, we will use your information to update our own business records, complete statutory returns, and otherwise comply with our regulatory obligations. We may also use your information to send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, or to collect payments from you.
We will only sell your personal information to a third party as part of any sale of the assets or business of SarStuff and in this instance, you would be notified before such a transaction took place. In addition, under the terms of this policy any third party will only be permitted to use the Data for the purpose for which it was originally supplied.
Will we share information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your personal data to anyone, and we take precautions to keep it secure.
Our practice may be audited or checked by third parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
We will not share any of your personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless:
- We suspect any form of illegal behaviour.
- It is necessary by law, regulation or legal proceedings.
- It is required to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- The third party is acting in a professional capacity, for example as a regulator, auditor or appointed data processor and has suitable confidentiality and privacy measures in place.
- In processing your requests, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
SarStuff may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services will only be supplied with the data necessary to enable them to perform the required services.
Please see the list of our third-party providers below:
Liquid Computing – ICT web designer and server provider – holds and stores all company data.
Trace Creative – used to provide design services.
You consent to us retaining such data for longer than the five-year statutory period, unless you tell us otherwise.
SarStuff will share your information with its professional advisors, individuals and organisations that we employ to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. Examples of these functions include using the providers mentioned above, also include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing marketing assistance in data analysis, handling debit card transactions, fulfilling orders, providing services, and following up on enquiries (including by phone, e-mail, text or SMS messages or, in writing). These agents have access to the personal information required in order to perform their functions. In addition, from time to time, SarStuff may share the information you supply to us, if you have consented, to selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
Access to your information and correction
You have a right to withdraw and access the personal data that is held by SarStuff about you. To obtain a copy of your data information please write to The Data Protection Controller, Liquid Computing Ltd, Maple Barn, Canterbury Road, Molash, Kent CT4 8HF and allow 28 days for a response. To ensure our security is kept to a high standard we would require evidence by way of a passport or photo ID driving licence showing your full name and address before we could allow any access requests of the personal data held by us about you.
- We will retain your personal data after your contract or service with us has come to an end based on legal and regulatory requirements. We will also retain your personal data for as long as necessary for legitimate business interests to manage enquiries and market requests unless you ask us to have your data removed from our database.
Your rights are as follows (noting that these rights will not apply in all circumstances):
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to object to processing of personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased * (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
We may store information (commonly known as a ‘cookie’) on your computer when you look at our website.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can find out more about the way cookies work at www.allaboutcookies.org.
SarStuff uses ‘cookies’ to:
- Facilitate your use of our sites;
- Help us to provide you with the best level of service;
- Monitor traffic, store and track information about your use of SarStuff website.
You can erase or block ‘cookies’ from your computer. To find out how to do this please see the ‘How to delete ‘cookies’ page on the www.allaboutcookies.org website or use your help screen or manual which should tell you how to do this. Please be aware that if you erase or block ‘cookies’ or set your browser not to accept ‘cookies’ then some details on the website may not be accessible to you.
SarStuff may, in the future, use other tracking technologies and/or allow third parties to use ‘cookies’ on this website. Please refer to our ‘cookies policy‘ for further information.
Keeping your data secure – Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Therefore, any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect information from unauthorised access and misuse. When you register your details with us we will take all reasonable steps to keep these details secure and free from unauthorised access by use of technology and internal systems, which will be updated as new technology becomes available and is appropriate to our systems and industry.
How to contact us
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so by emailing your request and a member of our team will update or amend your information. If you have another query relating to your information, please contact us in writing at SarStuff (CIC), Maple Barn, Canterbury Road, Molash, Kent CT4 8HF.
Version I – September 2019